- How long have you been shooting professionally?
- How did you get into photography?
- What is your style?
- What types of photography work do you do?
- How far in advance do I need to book?
- Do you require a deposit and contract to book your services?
- Do you travel for assignments?
- How many photoshoots have you done?
- How many assignments do you book a year?
- Do you edit all your work or hire it out?
- Do you shoot film or digital?
- How many images do I get?
- Do I get the high-resolution files?
- Do you have a second shooter/assistant?
- Do you have backup equipment?
- What equipment do you use?
- What is your turn around time?
- How do I receive my images?
- Are you the photographers that shoot or do you have other teams?
- Do you use the latest equipment and software?
- Do you shoot in RAW?
- Do you have liability insurance?
I shot my first paid editorial shoot and wedding in 2002.
I've been passionate and loved photography for about as long as I can remember. For a year in 2003-2004 I was a lead photographer with a non-profit organization (Mercy Ships) documenting the aid and releif work in Sirra Leone West Africa. This created in me an even deeper appreciation and passion for photography and the impact, cause to act and hope that could be accomplished with photos. Working with people makes me feel blessed to do what we do.
Our style is focussed on creating art, capturing real moments and using the natural light and surroundings. We have a spontanious approach but our goal is to make our clients feel themselves during their shoot with us yet give direction where needed.
We love it all. Our work consists of about 50% weddings each year with the other 50% in portrait, editorial, lifestyle and commercial shoots.
We book on a first come first serve basis. We generally start booking shoots over a year out.
Most of our services do require a 25% deposit and contract to officially put you on the calendar.
Yes, traveling is something we do often. We have done many shoots not just within the Hawaiian Islands but also around the world.
Since 2002 we have shot well over 2000 photo assignments. Over 1000 weddings now that we have shot.
We shoot well over 150 assignments per year.
Every shoot is processed in house and we do not outsource our editing or color correction. We believe that you hire us not just as photographers but also to edit and put our custom touches on each photo.
Since 2003 all of our work is shot digitally.
On average we deliver 150-200+ final images per hour for our weddings and most portrait sessions.
We are a husband and wife team however Josh shoots by himself unless you book us for 3hrs or more.
Yes. We have an extesive amount of backup gear. We always have at least four bodies with us at all times during weddings.
We use canon 5D Mark III's and 5D Mark II bodies. The lenses we use are 35mmf1.4L, 50mmf1.2L, 24-70mmf2.8L, 70-200mmf2.8L, 45mmf2.8 tilt shift, 16-25mmf2.8L, 100mmf2.8 macro, 15mm fisheye, 85mm1.4,
Depending on the season and length of your shoot it typically ranges from 4-12weeks. During summer months or busy Holiday times however it can take 10-12 weeks. We can send previews and are flexible with our clients needs.
You receive all your images through an online gallery and download option. Also all our shoots are uploaded to password protected web gallery for your guests to see or order prints. Optional USB drives can be purchased. Please inqure for details. Mahalo!
Yes, when you hire us you get us.
Yes we are constantly updating and upgrading our equipment to stay on the cutting edge of quality and technology.
We shoot everything in RAW.